Re: Another posting with no reply

Doug Loss wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 01:49:56 +0200, Malonowa <malonowa@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> >
> > I have a French / English translator sitting next to me right now - he's pretty
> > skilled. He can't translate gradebook and he really has an excellent
> > vocabulary.
> >
> > He's called Laurent and he works for me from time to time.
> >
> > Laurent suggests you might have a glossary of terms on your website for those
> > who don't speak English as their first language. Some words and expressions -
> > especially profession specific cannot be found in dictionaries.
> >
> > I think this is a good idea.
> >
> So do I.  Roman, could you and Laurent get me a list of the terms that could do
> with definitions?  So far I see "gradebook" and "semester," but I'm sure there
> are more.

I think this is the sort of dynamic thing that crops up now and again and would need
maintaining. The best thing is to watch what happens on the mailing list and catch
the terms. But I'd certainly volunteer to maintain such a list. This is the sort of
thing that I was thinking of for webspace at SEUL - as well as French
translation...So many exciting possibilities....

Roman.