Re: While of on the subject of ideas for programs.

IT sounds like you need a slackware install with custom tag files.  I
don't know of a good small foot print wordprocessor though.

Right now I am working on a school computer setup, slackware linux 4
workstations (donated P90s, upgraded to 64MB).  I have been using the
donated 486s for windows 95 systems in a language lab, and for servers.

Our server farm currently is:
Distict owned Novell 4.11 server (ppro 150, 96MB ram, etc)
Distict/school owned Novell 4.11 based 14 CDrom server

P200 Linux server (16GB IDE stripe set of disk space).

486dx2 66 (24MB ram), Name server (primary DNS)

an Identical 486dx2 66 to be colocated at Arizona International College
(friend of mine is the sys admin there) (secondary DNS)

486dx2 66 (16MB ram, two 3c509b) School firewall (district does not have
any firewalls)

486dx2 66 (16MB ram, two 3c509b) IP Masq for one hall way.  The district
has a class B (/16) of IP addresses, but was brain dead about subnetting
(they gave a class C to each school (more than one to HSs), and then cut
them in half for admin and student side (differnt departments)).  In
this schools case admin is all of 5-6 computers, but they have 120ip
addresses, and instructional is all of about 140 computers, with 120IP
addresses.  We don't have any rights on the router (and they would kill me
if I obtained the rights) so we can't fix this.

			Harry