Tk (was: Re: While of on the subject of ideas for programs.)

> but with younger ones you need to maintain their interest with some
> graphics and things.
And html can do these, too :-)

> Do you know a lot about TK? I'm just starting with this - it looks like
I feel tk promising too. But for scripting, I like perl better than
tcl. So I am currently investigating the perl/tk combination. Actually
if you have no strong reason to use perl, perhaps python's Tkinter
would be even better. Anyway, tk has been ported to work with many
languages. Sorry, my notes are in Chinese (on my web page). But why
bother with mine when there are a lot more better tutorials in English?
        http://www.sco.com/Technology/tcl/Tcl.html#Tcl-Intro

Tk (be it used with Tcl, Perl, or Pyton) can be used to wrap
existing command-line apps in nice GUI. And it's relatively
easy to learn. (Though not easy to master.)

ck