Courses

Robert Hopcroft wrote:

> Roman wrote:
>
> > Guys. I've just looked at the "Clickable cell biology course"
>

> Absolutely. Also see "The Open Book Project". One could do this with all
> sorts of subjects. Once an outline has been completed, it would be easy
> for people to write up an fill in a section. Would be good for a term
> paper. As far as cell biology goes what I would like to see is the
> course separated out (currently I see Chapter 1 up at the top and
> Chapters 1-4 down at the bottom. Also a clear indication of what needs
> to be done.
>
> Bob

 What we could do is come up with a template combining whatever technologies
would be necessary to turn something like this into a good multimedia
presentation - I could do this.

I think perhaps a few interactive activities aimed at testing comprehension
could well be added to this sort of thing - especially for younger ones.

At primary level the good thing is - you don't need that much data so it'd
be quite easy to do.

So if we come up with a template a sort of structured book browser in a web
browser idea.

Then come up with a list of topics and what ages they're aimed at. Then
people could collect data and write it up - Images, text files in whatever
formats they're used to working in -html, word, corel draw, JPEG, BMP etc.
and then this could be converted to be web-ready.

Then just drop in the data into the nice interface and there you have a list
of topic related interactive books all with a similar interface. Sort of, if
you want information just add water kind of idea - if you know what I mean.

I might take a chapter from this and put an interface around it as an
experiment some time this week. If I do this I'll post it up at our site and
people can give me feedback. I'll check it's licence first though.

I also thought - my idea in a previous mail for a first wordprocessor that
could be used for sorting/sequencing work and presentations. When I write it
(I'll do this one myself since I know exactly what I want to do with it)
I'll do a Java reader as well as a standalone one then the pupils and
teachers could publish their work to an intranet.

Roman.