Re: IRC and PHP3

> Second of all, quite a few people have asked me recently if
> I could install php3 on cran. I'm sure everybody would love
> to have it. But I don't have the spare energy to make that happen
> these days. If somebody wants to install the php3 module on cran
> (and upgrade from apache 1.2.5 while you're at it) and I know
> you, let me know and I'll give you root on cran and let you go
> at it. It'll be great -- power, prestige, the gratitude of your
> fellow seul webmasters.... Anyone? :) (Cran is a RH42 box
> currently, and a serious upgrade is unlikely at least until I'm
> in the same state.)

I've upgraded a apache 1.2.6 to apache 1.3.x with OpenSSL, mod_perl,
mod_php3 w/MySQL support at the University here (see dawn.joensuu.fi, mostly
in Finnish alas). Shouldn't take me too long. It could also be done
without root access, what we did on the machine is that I compiled everything
correctly in a directory given to me and made all of the necessary changes
to the config files and then the root just followed my instruction to install
apache (make install, copy config files into the correct places etc.).

ramin

--
Ramin Miraftabi			Assistant, Department of Computer Science
ramin@cs.joensuu.fi				    University of Joensuu