Re: Hosting oses.org

arma@mit.edu said:
> I figured I'd make Roman's offer official. I'd be happy to host
> oses.org on the seul.org machines.

Well, that makes it three, then.

> Of course, a side-benefit that I get from this is that oses.org ends
> up with a bit more of a pro-Linux slant, because more of the people
> looking at the project will be pro-Linux.

That'd be when running the project under the seul domain, not? Anyway, as much
I'm a Linux advocate, my feeling is that there are better chances for success
when the tie to Linux is as low as possible (or any other operating system,
for that matter). That's in fact the only reason that I went on obtaining
oses.org even after discovering seul.org/edu.

Anyway, a couple of commercial shops, well-connected to the Net, have already
invited oses.org on their machines, and why not give these guys a chance to
invest some easy-earned money in a worthwhile project while at the same time
preserving some precious .edu bandwidth? ;-).

In the - unlikely - case that the setup with either one of these guys goes
wrong, I will certainly get back to your offer, though. It might very well be
that they're a bit reluctant to let me run the software I'd like to have on
the site (probably Zope - www.zope.org), or something like that, and as I
think the success depends 100% on the availability of good collaboration
services, I wasn't planning to give in too much when negotiating ;-).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>