Re: Why EDUML?

This is a nice piece of publicity/advocacy. With some more polishing, this
might turn into something we should post outside of seul-edu to get more
attention to the eduml project and seul-edu in general. For instance, I'm
confident that Dave at Linuxtoday would be willing to post this document.

One thing that should be added is a paragraph at the end describing status:
how far we've come, how much we realize we need to do, and how work is
progressing on that. "Show them the code", or at least state very firmly
that it's there. Also summaries of who else is interested in eduml, who
should be convinced to be interested in it, and why that is relevant.

> By working on EDUML, I offer to others that which I want for myself:
[snip]
> It is unecessary to struggle for pure EDUML applications.  However, it

This sentence sounds weird to me. Are you saying that it's not necessary
to design applications with eduml in mind from the beginning, because we
can do modular format translators?

> is reasonable to write format translators (proprietary format to EDUML and
> sometimes the other way around) for every educational application that
> maintains some state about the user's achievements.   That is all that is
> needed for this dream to come true.  :-)
>
> Bruno
>
> http://cran.seul.edu/~vernier/eduml/eduml.xml

Actual URL:
http://cran.seul.org/~vernier/eduml/eduml.xml