GPeriodic Annoucement draft

*** DRAFT ***

http://gperiodic.seul.org

GPeriodic is a periodic table application for Linux, which allows users
to browse through a periodic table of the elements and view
detailed information on each of the elements. 118 elements are currently
listed.

Current Status:

- i18n support has been implemented. English, french and spanish
  translations are completed, some work remains to complete german
  (strings) and portugese (table) language support. Other languages
  can also be added by interested people; contact Kyle Burton
  <mortis@voicenet.com> if you would like to offer to add other
  translations.

- Although an initial manpage has been created, it could be further
  developed to be consistant with the current version of gperiodic.

- Other suggested changes include:
  - Changing button background colours to reflect normal state of
    element (solid / liquid / gas) or series (nobles, etc)
  - Html pages describing elemental characteristics, etc. which
    would be accessed then the individual elements are right-clicked
    on. This would be a good project for a high-school chem class.

--
Pete St. Onge - McGill U.  Limnology - Fun with Ropes & Buckets
pete@seul.org                  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/4322052