Re: gperiodic

what are .au files?  what's their format?  do I have to translate them into
the raw audio foramt, or can they ben directly cat'ted to /dev/dsp?

you can do this with wav files:

[user@host dir]$ cat file.wav > /dev/dsp

and get sound output.  Can you do the same with .au files?  or do they
have to be processed somehow before dumping them to the sound device?

Another option to consider is connectivity to esd, which should also be
very easy.

"The whole world is about three drinks behind."
    -- Humphrey Bogart