Re: Generating voice files was Re: gperiodic

> Regardless, there are utilities available for Linux (sox(1) for example) that
> can be used to convert between the formats fairly easily.

The audio thing is a really neat idea. The format of the audio files
shouldn't be that relevant - either wav or au will work just fine,
and as you say we can convert between them once somebody decides.
(Note that the SoX CVS repository is hosted by SEUL. Convenient,
that. :)

What we should really be considering here is ways of getting people
to donate audio files in various languages.

(Yes, an audio file is an audio file, no matter what OS you
created it in.)

I wonder about comparing audio clips, so the user can mention an
element and it flashes, and then zeroes in on the one he said.
But that's for a different month, I should think. :)

--Roger