Re: Squeak as HyperCard

Jan Hlavacek wrote:

> Another program going in this direction seems to be Boxer
> <http://soe.berkeley.edu/boxer/>.
> The biggest problem with boxer is that it runs only on mac, and it is not
> open source.  I sent an e-mail to the developers asking them about
> possibility of a linux port and source release, but I never got any
> reply.  It seems that a large part of boxer is written in lisp, so it
> shouldn't be so hard to port (theoretically ;-).

I think this is an interesting idea, and I encourage everyone on this
mailing list to send them a similar message requesting a Linux port.  I
will do so this morning.  If we can show them that there's significant
interest in the Linux community, it might influence them.  Also, if we
have any lisp programmers here (I'm sure we do), an offer of volunteer
help with the port might be influential.