Boxer on Linux

I'm the leader of the SEUL (Simple End-User Linux) education project
<http://www.seul.org/edu/>.  We've been talking about developing a
program similar to HyperCard/HyperStudio for Linux, as we believe
something like this is almost mandatory for Linux to be accepted in the
educational community.  Part of this discussion involved researching
available software that might, with some modification, fill the bill.

   Boxer looks very much like that sort of software.  Since it seems to
be written in Lisp in large part, a port probably wouldn't be terribly
difficult, especially since an earlier version ran on SunOS.  If you're
interested in investigating the feasibility of such a port, I'm sure we
can find some interested Linux Lisp programmers to help out.  While we
generally prefer open source software (and would be happy to make a case
for open sourcing Boxer if you'd like to hear it), we're more concerned
in getting quality educational software for Linux.  Please consider this
idea; Boxer on the Macintosh alone competes with a number of similar
packages--on Linux it would have the field to itself.