I decided to do it...GFlash

Kyle,
Yesterday, I was going to take a look at GFlash when I saw something in
the README about needing two computers. I assumed two networked
computers and since I don't have a network, I didn't go any further.
After thinking about it, I wondered if one couldn't view it in two
windows on the same computer as a way of trying it out. Just a thought.
Also when you first mentioned the idea for GFlash
http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/Jul-1999/msg00146.html, the
thought crossed my mind as to how similar this is to the promath project
http://cran.mit.edu/~ob/promath.html. Also see my thoughts
http://www.seul.org/archives/seul/edu/May-1999/msg00017.html. As far as
I know no one is currently working on promath. Maybe there is a way to
do everything at the same time. Just another thought.

Rachel,
Since you appeared, I've been trying to think up something interesting
for you. It sounds to me like you are interested in multimedia. I would
look at the above URL's. Also one night I was watching a TV program (The
Learning Channel I believe) which was showing a trip on the rail line
from the Pacific Ocean to La Paz in Bolivia. It brough home how little
one knows about that part of the world. I got me to thinking about the
potential of being able to stop such a program and bring up the
geography, geology or history of the region. Another thought is to
provide a way to select a word out of the text one is reading and get
its meaning from a dictionary or hear its pronuciation. Anyway just more
thoughts.

Bob