Re: Open Book

* Bill Tihen (bill@tasis.ch) [990722]:
> Question though.  How does one do a screen capture in Linux?  This
> is important for the tutorials I write.

xwd will create a screen dump, the command:
"xwd [-root] | xwdtopnm | pnmtopng > foobar.png" will create a png
file, if -root is specified the whole root window will be grabbed,
otherwise xwd will wait for you to point a window for it to grab.
(There are more options, man xwd.) I noticed that my pngs are tinted
to the green side after the command, so I used The Gimp to do my
screen captures.

(see http://cs.joensuu.fi/~ramin/desktop.png for a screenshot of my
desktop.)

ramin
--
Ramin Miraftabi			Assistant, Department of Computer Science
ramin@cs.joensuu.fi				    University of Joensuu