Re: Linux support list?

The two lists Doug suggested are good for the *distinct* problems that
educators have. (A recent example on one or the other was software to
control Web access by young children.) A lot of educators' questions,
though, aren't all that different from everybody else's. (How to get a PPP
connection running? Samba problems. Routing problems. X problems. Etc.)

For these questions, there are mailing lists I like better than the
newsgroups ... in particular, a bunch that run out of the server
vger.rutgers.edu -- such as linux-newbie, linux-admin, linux-ppp, and
linux-net. They are majordomo lists; subscribe in the usual way for such
lists. Traffic is light, focused, and polite.