Re: Blackboard CourseInfo

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

>Here's an announcement about a new commercial product from Blackboard,
>Inc. that will run on Linux:
>
><http://linuxtoday.com/stories/8082.html>
>
>As I understand it, it will cost US$4500.  We should be aware of it and
>perhaps mention it on our software page, but I'm not sure how truely
>useful it will be.

Shrug.  My Calc III class had a website with a live, Java "whiteboard"
that we could use for discussing math problems with the professor.  He
actually held office hours online as well as in person.

However, while I found it to be very helpful, I don't know how many others
in the class made use of it.  I'm not sure that our target student age
groups would benefit all that much.  That, and its commercial nature make
it less appealing than it might have been.

I'll contact the professor and see if he's seeing any more use now than he
was last semester.  I think the project had just started then.

Wil

| Wil Langford <wil@seul.org>  | Linux - already fast, free and stable. |
| Oddball Web Guy For seul-edu | We're making it scholastic. Sweet. :)  |