Re: [seul-edu] LinuxWorld Conference & Expo planning

I'll make this brief since I'm about to disappear again for
another two days (driving from Atlanta to Boston).

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 12:39:05AM -0700, Bill Ries-Knight wrote:
> Pete, Doug and Odile prepared an HTML-based presenation for
> Montreal that would be nice to use.  We can alternate it
> with the LIMITED number of apps we wish to demonstrate.
> (Should we consider having 3 systems, if Eugene is willing?)

I think the linuxkb.org people last time found that a lot of
machines is more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps Pete can
expand on this.

> Please let me know how you can help  I am forwarding a copy
> of this to Roger Dingledine to allow him an opportunity to
> share our space with others in SEUL.  If we need more space

Pete: can you fwd this to seul-leaders? (edit/introduce as
appropriate if you like)

> and want to, I can register a second space in the dot org
> pavillion under linuxhelpers.org.  I just need to know in a
> day or two before the space is committed.
>
> As a closing point, should I register our space under SEUL
> or SEUL/edu?

Either is fine with me. If you're going to be showing other
seul things (as in, if people from seul-leaders respond) then
seul is more appropriate. if you get the banner, it will say
'seul' and not 'seul/edu'. it may also be the case (it was last
time) that eugene wants to be sponsoring seul, and not one of
its subprojects. does the name you register under show up on
lists or something? if so, you may want to expand some acronyms.
if not, it doesn't matter much.

thanks!
--roger