Re: [seul-edu] Math teachers...

"Joseph S. Arruda" wrote:

> I've been kind of out of the loop (I'm at the Ottawa Linux Symposium).
> Would it be too much to ask for the $2 tour of what is going on with the
> high-school, and to offer my help if need be?

Well, to give you an idea of what we have set up, you can check out
http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/chobbs/xterms/

The current issue is that the Math department is not happy with the
system as they don't feel it addresses their needs - my belief is that
they just don't know what is available - they receive catalogs from
educational software vendors, and surprisingly there's nothing for Linux
in them :)

So, my current goal is to come up with not only a list of usable
software, but also hopefully testimonials from math teachers using the
products in their classrooms.

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator