From: Douglas Loss [mailto:dloss@suscom.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 6:24 PM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Math teachers...

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Chris Hobbs wrote:
> Anyway, I received the list
> of what
> was purchased already wrt math software. Surprisingly, none of
> it is
> what I expected - it's all "simulation" software, designed (I
> suppose)
> to teach real world skills. They have, as of yet, no "pure"
> math
> packages.

Not to be mean-spirited or anything, but don't your math
teachers teach any math to these kids?  I mean, This is all life
skills stuff that requires little more than basic arithmetic.
No trig, no algebra, no calculus?  I suppose you could teach
some basic statistics with some of those things, but they don't
appear to be designed for it.

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.