Re: [seul-edu] Fiber Cable help

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Mike Lamasney wrote:

> Ryan,
> I, too, am interested in the name of the vendor.  Am planning a similar
> installation at one of our schools.  A couple of questions:
> 	* What size conduit do you recommend?

I would recomend at least a 3" conduit if it's in a trench, also use
concret on top of the conduit, and have them put a red dye into it.  This
will reduce problems if someone decides to dig.

I would probably run two conduits while you are at it, if the cost is at
all acceptable.

For the fiber you will want to use a 1" inerduct (normaly orange) thin
plastic "conduit" inside the main conduit.  This is so that you can run
another inerduct, and run more fiber, at a later date without disturbing
the existing conduit.

> 	* What's a reasonable max length between pullboxes?
> Thanks for your help.

Don't know, I would probably go for about 200 feet, (maybe more if it's a
straight run), or near sets of 90 degree bends.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 202-OSEF (6733)