Re: [seul-edu] Sigh

At 05:09 PM 7/26/2000, Doug wrote:
>[....]
>I apologize for the tone of this message, but I just posted this
>information a few days ago and we've since seen more than one
>message of the type I discribed in the first paragraph.
>Learning how to subscribe/unsubscribe from a mailing list is
>just basic netiquette.  It's the responsibility of every
>participant to learn the rules of the forum.

How about migrating off of majordomo to GNU/Mailman?  It tries to trap
administrative requests, and end users can manage their accounts (ie
unsubscribe) through a web interface.  I switched to it because it mails a
monthly reminder to members with the URL and instructions for account
management.  All of the list administration is done through the web too,
meaning that in a place like a K-12 environment you can place list
administration in the hands of the list owners (teachers, principles)
without guilt.  It is a good way to scale up the use of mail lists without
adding overhead to the sys admin.  Not to mention the fact that it is chock
full of GPL goodness.

Mailman is available at www.list.org.

--chris

--