[seul-edu] Well-Worn Topic

Dear Seul Friends:

Well, school is starting is just a few weeks.  I have been huffing and puffing
trying to get the new Linux machines ready for the students.  So far so good.
However, I am now at the point of trying to find workable applications --
beginning with a typing tutor.

TYPING TUTOR:  My understanding it that the Linux world does not have much yet
in the way of Typing Tutors.  I thought I would use Wine to run a Windows tutor
on linux.  Last year the students used All the Right Type, and liked it.
However, it does not work well in Linux.  I thought perhaps you folks, being
educators, had found some solutions to the situation.  Maybe freeware Windows
tutors?

Since I am working with K-8, the programs need to be intersting and hold the
attention of the students: animations, colors, games, etc.

Any suggestions?

Robert Maynord