Re: [seul-edu] The revival of LENPP

Scott wrote:

> SteelHead wrote:
>

> >To revive the LENPP I need to ask the linux community what would work, how
> >it should look, and what features should the site have.  I am starting here
> >because the SEUL-edu mailing list is the origin of the concept.
> >
> 2 suggestions right off the bat:
> 1. do something about this:

> leave that Win98 platform behind if you're going to advocate Linux, it
> just looks better, and you'll feel better about your cause.  You can't
> tell folks to use Linux if you're not willing to.

I don't think this is all that much of a problem.  Many of us are forced to use
Windows in our work evironments, and I think the Linux community understands
that.  It wouldn't hurt to remove this line with a text editor, but I wouldn't
lose any sleep over it.

> 2. Email is not a good group colarboration tool, I would suggest
> implementing slashcode (the setup that runs Slashdot.org) or something
> similar.  This way all who are interested in a certain question can
> first search to see if there are good answers already posted. having
> accounts would be nice because as a helper I can see if questions have
> been posted in my zip code, or see only questions relating to my area of
> expertise(or get a call for help alert by mail if that area is asked about.

Definitely not slashcode.  The problem here is that maintaining a site like this
is labor intensive.  Unless you have enough help or are fanatically dedicated, it
tends to fall down.  I think some other alternatives may be better.  Bill, what
about using a wiki as a collaboration tool?  I'm not sure how it would apply to
LENPP, but let's think about it.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people