Re: [seul-edu] Language to teach 10 year olds

I can't believe what I'm reading.

What is the purpose of school?

IMHO it is a place to prepare young people with the skills they need to be
productive members of society.

That said, wouldn't it be more appropriate to teach our young people
languages that they will actually *use* when they leave school?

20 years ago someone thought it would be a good idea to teach me logo, since
I showed a very early aptitude with computers.  What a waste.  I wish they
had taught me C or something more useful.  These days I think Perl or Python
would be appropriate.

Please please please I beg you don't bring languages into the classroom that
will never be used in the real world by paying employers.