Re: [seul-edu] Staff development online registration app

I've been hunting for a summer job lately, and most temp agencies do have
programs like this.  They sit you down in front of a computer, select a few
tests from the list (in my case it was Word, Excel, PPt) and the software
prints out a report when you're done.  There was a 30 min time limit for
each test.  I was very impressed with the quality of the testing software.
For example, for the Word test, you are presented with the regular Microsoft
Word window, and a pop-up box describes your task/question.  The questions
range from mind-numbing ("open a file called report.doc in the current
directory") to completely unfamiliar to me ("make the current document the
primary document in a mail merge").  However, because you basically have
Word right in front of you, you can figure those out just by hunting through
the menus.  The software detects when you've done what it asked for, and
tells you you're wrong if you click anywhere else.

Here's some links from google:

http://www.adstaff.com/software-office-skills-assessment.html
http://www.skillcheck.com/
http://www.opac.com/