Re: [seul-edu] Introducing myself :-)

El mié, 03-07-2002 a las 12:38, paai escribió:
> I like the idea of introducing yourself as a new member, and as
> I am also new here, I 'll do the same :-)

Well, I just happened to read the welcome message:

"We invite you to send a brief introduction of yourself to the list, so
we can keep track of what resources we have available and who our
audience is."

> I am a university teacher and researcher in computer linguistics,
> at Tilburg university in the Netherlands, and I use the internet
> extensively for teaching. This is done in close cooperation with the
> universities of Tuebingen and Muenchen (Germany). At
> http://pi0959.kub.nl/Paai/Bibliogr/mexico.ps is a paper, given at
> the CATE conference in Mexico,  that describes our activities
> with Open Source and Telelearning.

I've found it really interesting. I'm still (not for long, hopefully
:-)  ) a university student and I am aware of the efforts that some
deparments are doing to promote Telelearning (in this case, as a
concomitant to usual learning) and I've sent the link to them.

> I make it a point never to use programs that are not platform-
> independent and to push free software and Linux as much as
> possible and I hope to cooperate with the members of
> seul too.

This is my opinion too. Making educational programs as more
platform-independent as possible should be a must. There are much more
benefits than drawbacks in this case.

--
Daniel Carrión Reinoso
YACO S.L.