[seul-edu] Telepresence microscope project

|Hello:

|Together with a microscope facility at great distance from here, we
are planning a
|telepresence electron microscope project.  An existing project of
this kind is
|BUGSCOPE, at:
|                   http://bugscope.beckman.uiuc.edu/

|There is a compatibility issue at BUGSCOPE for both browser and
operating system.  I am only
|beginning to study the issues.  I have been running GNU/Linux for 8
or 9 years; but I am not
|knowledgable enough to understand how to overcome these issues in
developing an online
|project.  Not by a long shot.

|Can anyone comment on how these issues might be overcome?  We need
to interoperate with him
|with the browser and a video-phone.

|Thanks for any comments,

|Alan Davis
|Marianas High School, Saipan

----

Hi Alan,

we have just submitted a Bugscope proposal at Cochise College. If
they approve the proposal and we can run the experiment, then we
might be able to be of more help.

In the meantime, there are many knowledgeable people on the list who
can probably help. Can you provide some specifics? What version of
Linux are you running, what web browser, what kind of video-phone,
etc.? Are you having problems running the tests? If so, what kind of
problems? I'm interested in your experiences because we may run into
some of the same things.

L. Prevett
Mathematics Instructor
Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ, US