Re: [seul-edu] IBM Linux for French Education

Hello,

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:01:42 -0700 (PDT), Phillip John Collins
<philosofr@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the French will become interested in SEUL's work too.
>
> For its part, the French Ministry of Education will implement a
> nationwide messaging, collaboration and e-learning solution based on
> IBM Lotus Notes and Domino and Red Hat Linux version 5. With this
> system, high school teachers can set up online bulletin boards to
> assign and collect homework, graduate students can do research and
> get feedback on their studies, while children can master computer
> skills, Corsini said.
> From:
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1817&e=6&u=/zd/20030626/tc_zd/44009&sid=96120751

Let's hope they will not end as we are now here in Latvia. We had a
global Domino/Notes system for some five years now and we are moving
away from it as fast as we can. It is slow, cumbersome and there is no
Lotus client for Linux. It is not flexible enough for our education
system anymore.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org