Re: Roster status is unchanged (Re: Updates and summer efforts)

Jim,

   In looking through your description of Roster, it occurs to me that you might
be able to use Bruno's EDUML as a data format.  I'm not sure that it's an exact
fit for all your data files, but it will certainly bear looking at.  Take a look
at the link to it on our projects page <http://www.seul.org/edu/projects.html>.

   It also seems as though there's considerable overlap between Roster and Steve
Tonnesen's K12Admin.  I know, I know, great minds think alike and all that.  At
any rate, perhaps you two should talk to each other and see if there's any way
you can benefit each other's efforts, or if friendly competition (not to be
sneezed at) will work better for you.  Note that I'm not suggesting merging the
two programs unless you both think that's the obvious route to take; there's
certainly room for more than one instance of a program type in the Linux world.

Doug Loss            Democracy substitutes election by the
dloss@csrlink.net    incompetent many for appointment by
(570) 326-3987       the corrupt few.
                        George Bernard Shaw