Teaching Linux this summer

Daniel Glenn writes:

 > If you have any comments, I am very interested in hearing them (the
 > reason I made the post in the first place.)

i would expand the scope of the experience to include some programming
exposure.  at that age, the very bright ones will be bored w/ the stated
activities in about two days.

if you don't capture their interest, they will reboot into windows to
play games.  perhaps you can align w/ that interest and let them do some
game programming.  at the least you can show them some linux games.  for
example, start emacs under X and do `M-x tetris'. :->

thi