Re: [seul-edu] Fw: NYC schools reportedly adopt restrictive weblinking, use rules

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, SteelHead wrote:

>This message is a forwarded from a rather "interesting" mailing list that
>deals a lot in "personal" freedoms.  I am sending it because it *may*
>reflect a conservative movement which could have an effect on many
>educators.  BTW, by the restrictions here, it would be ok to link to a page
>on SEUL, but not on Freshmeat, Sourceforge,  or OSDN on a NYC Website.

Interesting, indeed. Why to connect to web at all?  All that communication
equipment, connection costs, censor's salary, etc could save millions.
Computer must be also throwed away: there are lots of porn0 around!

Oh, yes. Why not to put children stright into prison instead of
schools? What is the differentce?

And americans dare to speak about "human rights" to our country ;-)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Monday, June 25, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/