Linux in Columbian schools (was: Re: [seul-edu] Announcing the Tux Typing 0.9 Release)

Jeff Nelson wrote:

> I, for one, will be very interested in seeing your document.  I need to
> convince the head of a nonprofit I work with that Linux is applicable to an
> educational project in Colombia.  He believes that MS solutions are best, but
> I think the sustainability issue is an important one, especially now that the
> new MS licensing schemes are going to remove the Colombians' ability to
> pirate at will.

If you don't already know about it, take a look at Structio
<http://structio.sourceforge.net/>.  Vladimir Támara Patiño has done some nice
work (I think, although I'm not fluent in Spanish) that may be of some help to
you.  I think Vladimir is toward the GPL-only side of the software spectrum (as
some of you know, there was an amicable split between OFSET and SEUL/edu over the
issue of promoting non-GPL educational software for Linux).  His work is solid.

--
Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people