[seul-edu] Introduction and question

Hi all,
My name is Dave and I am new to this list. I am the
tech coordinator for a high school. Over the last 3
years, I have had a growing interest in Linux. It has
many cool features and promises to be a great asset
for schools. One thing I haven't seen discussed is the
availability of management tools. Is there something
along the lines of Novell's zenworks to manage Linux
workstations. I use zenworks to install application
software, apply patches, change system settings etc on
Windows clients. Is there an open source tool to do
things like that for Linux or better yet: multiple
platfom clients (i.e. Windows and Macs). I am
installing everything as a dual boot so that we can
start using Linux as a workstation. Having a
centralized management tool would be a big plus
especially with the number of clients I need to
support. Thanks.
Dave