Re: [seul-edu] ISO Phase 1 evals

Doug Loss wrote:

> The Administrative category is much to large and amorphous, and needs to
> be subdivided into more precise, smaller categories.  If you or anyone
> else wants to suggest such subdivisions, I'll be more than happy to see
> them.

Here's a multi-tiered organizational structure that might work.  Items
ending with a colon are categories/sub-categories.  Entries prepended with
an asterisk are applications I THOUGHT were in the index, OUGHT to be in the
index, but AREN'T in the index (yet).  I'll post details on them in a couple
of weeks (unless I'm beaten to the punch).  One app currently in the Admin
category which didn't make it here was Structio.  It looks more like
courseware than admin.  The web site is in Spanish (which I cannot read), so
I didn't feel I could  categorize it properly.  Maybe it's a courseware
instead of admin app?  I dunno.

Computer/Network Administration:
  Computer Admin Suites:
    AbulEdu
    Projet MINAL
    SLIS
  User Account Management:
    K12Admin
    kmuser
    SLIS
  Equipment Inventory/Availability:
    LabStatus
    Tech Tracker
  Web proxies/filters:
    Active Guardian
    *squid - http://www.squid-cache.org
    *squidguard -  http://www.squidguard.org/
    SLIS
    WPM (Web-based Proxy Manager)
  Web Content Management:
    Alumni Online
    MyPHPSchool
    Reunion Address Database (RADB)
    Search Engines:
      Webliographer
  Remote Administration/Screen Sharing:
    *Virtual Network Computing -  http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
    XMX
    XWinX

School Admininstration:
  School Admin Suites:
    eduBase
    SAGU
    StarshipSchool
  Inventory Management:
    LabStatus
    PingoS
  Cafeteria:
    Online Lunch Menu
  Financial Management:
    MicroBUDGET-GU
    Xpert
  Scheduling Software:
    Course Scheduling/Booking:
      asigna
      Carnegie
      Educational Information System
      JAdvisor
      phpCBS
      scheduler
      schedulist
      Tablix
      University Schedule Planner
    Event Scheduling:
      Calcium
      Event Calendar
      LLEU
  Gradebooks/Assignments/Attendence:
    Basmati
    Bessie the Annihilator
    EWPATAS
    Ggradebook
    Grades XML editor
    GradeView
    Ionia Student
    OpenGrade
    OpenSIS
    PinZeT
    STORM
    The Grades editor
    Test Management:
      Testatos
     The Online Assessment Database
  Parent/Teacher Communication:
    Bessie the Annihilator
    Edventure
    GradeView
    The Grades editor
  Sports and Academic Competition:
    BJS
    Livestat
    PHP Track Meet
  Distance Education/Conferencing/Collaboration:
    DETA
    drawboard
    Escritor
    OpenRCT
    Quadronegro
    The HorizonLive Distance Learning System
    XMX
  Student/Teacher Evaluation Systems:
    The Student Anecdotal System
    Web Teacher Evaluations

jthomas@bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
I'm a man.  But I can change.  If I have to.  I guess.
 - Red Green