Re: [seul-edu] Open Source Applications Certification

Hi, Phil:  You've hit it on the head, there, I think.  It's all about
money.

Open Source provides the end-user with the ability to "certify" to their
heart's content.  No need to go through third party certification, in
most cases.  Certification comes with proprietary stuff where end-users
are not able to check under the hood.  Must rely on "experts" who have
arranged to step in the shoes of the end-user.  I suspect we'll see
different sorts of certification arising as we move into the digital
age, especially in the area of education. Just a thought.
Thanks,
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV