Re: [seul-edu] Why home schooling questions?

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:42, Ed Lawson wrote:
> Why is this stuff being discussed on a mailing list concerning open
> source software for education?

Amongst other things, it will help to reveal the similarities and
differences in the requirements for classroom software vs software that
would be more appealing to home schoolers.

By "education" do you mean the State education system, private education
systems (from superchools to one-room classes), home education,
education under a thorn tree in the middle of the veldt, or all of the
above? Admin or student software? Should distros try to be inclusive of
both, or should we have an admin distro and a student distro? Or three
(admin/staff/student)? Have we leaned towards tunnel-vision about which
aspects of education we're targetting? And so on.

Cheers; Leon