Re: some notes

Hi everybody !

Although it is not a direct answer, what I have to say is more or less
related to what Bruno says below, therefore I write on the same thread.

Ok, I understand what XML is, an extension to HTML, making imaginative
customizing possible - is it right ?

Then, I more or less know what a database is, and I thought SQL was the
only way to ensure speed on frequent switches with large DBs.

Then, it appears possible to store data in XML coding.

Teresa Fernandes has written a lot of code to transfer XML into java
(JDBC) to enable DB connection.

Now Bruno speaks of NOSQL.

Why does everybody want to (kill)avoid SQL ?

--- Odile Bénassy ---

PS1: yes, I've heard about PHP, I know it is very useful. Yet I have no
clear vision of all these things, and even less of their
interdependences.
PS2: Bruno, I very much would like to give a little stone to your
project. I just don't know exaltly how (yet). Did you read my database
specification ?
PS3: Thanks to Pete St Onge, who bravely read my /~ob stuff and gave me
a whole pages of comments. And to Doug Ort as well, for his words of
encouragement.