Re: [seul-edu] Educational binaries and binary directory

jeff covey wrote:

> on Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:23:36PM -0500%, Doug Loss said:

>     doug> I liked Ben Armstrong's idea of a listing of software
>     doug> showing what packages are available for each application.
>     doug> Jeff Covey, it looks to me as though Freshmeat already has
>     doug> this info for each package in the database.  Would it be
>     doug> possible to create a view of your entries that showed title,
>     doug> RPM, DEB, tgz, homepage, and short description in a table
>     doug> with blanks wherever such fields don't exist in the record?
>
> sure, have at it:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/backend/
>
> :)  if you don't have anyone who has time to write a script for what
> you want, let me know, and i'll put someone on it.

Jeff, stern taskmaster that he is, has asked me to write something for
Freshmeat (I'm working on it, Jeff!).  Between that, preparing for the
upcoming presentations at the Canadian Expos, and writing the weekly
education reports, I'm not going to be able to do this.  Would someone
please volunteer to do this?  Ben, how about you?  Or do you know
someone who would be interested in doing this?  It's clearly of use to
more than just SEUL/edu.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just