Re: [seul-edu] Tux on the Upper West Side

Same here, with corbett elementary school.  Computers were donated,
district told the school fsck off... I started helping get the lab
setup, and about 2 months into the planing we decided on linux for the
desktop.  During the process I brought in many members of the local
linux community, including Tom Rini, Justin Zeigler, Nick Lopez, Kyle
Beuhler, Scott Corey, and many others.

The key is the lab was cast off by the district as not worth their time.
The only issue to keep in mind, is a lot of time you get "stuck" with
the lab for life after you do something like this.  The district would
never have take the lab back, no matter what the OS was, but I doubt
that they are going to do it now that it's linux, and they will use that
as a reason not to take it back (thought they would not have in the
first place).

			Harry