Re: [seul-edu] Free Education Project

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, "Jason Mellen" wrote:

> I am new to the group. I am a high school student who would love to see
> Linux replace MacOS and Win32 for the campus. When I started writing a
> homework manager for our website I began thinking of possible ways to
> expand
> the ideas. Before I had ever read the editorial or knew that the group
> existed I wrote a very rough draft of what I call the "Free Education
> Project."

Welcome, Jason!  We're always glad to get new people interested in what
we're doing.

> Now that I know that others have the same thoughts as me, I decided to
> send
> the document to get some feedback. I am just looking to see what you
> think
> of the basic train of thought.

I read through it and it seems to me that you're thinking along the same
lines as our AUC and LearnLoop projects and Zschool.  Take a look at our
projects page and follow the links to Authenticated User Community and
LearnLoop, and visit <http://www.zschool.org> and see if what they're doing
is what you had in mind.  If so (even if not) let us know here.  And if
you'd be interested in helping in any of these efforts (or any of the
others listed on our projects page) feel free to contact the listed leaders
and offer your services.

--
Doug Loss            There's no trick to being a humorist
dloss@suscom.net     when you have the whole government