Re: [seul-edu] Education documentation guides

Hi Doug,

I got one review on the standard.  I have finished the
standard -- I am just waiting for an editorial review.
I am sending off the document this morning to Lucy and
see if she is still interested in editing.

I have shortened the document to just a standard -- the
tutorial is a separate document, but needs some
reworking now, but is also near completion.

I have also finished the templates to match the
standards.  I have created a simple web page and
directory structure for the documents.  I figure then I
can just tar the stuff up and send it to SEUL.

I don't know where Ramin is on finishing the last
several sections of the software guide.

I have since split the doc once again into just a
standard and a DocBook (SGML) tutorial.

The standard just needs an editorial review to make sure
other people can understand me.  Then it is done.  Can
you help me remember who the person was that would
volunteer to do the editorial work?

I did this to shorten up the document.  I have also
converted them to books.  I think they are long enough
(I guess that is an oppion thing - but I like the format
better anyway - and it is closer to the linuxdoc format
then).

Because I split out the tutorial - it needs some
reworking.  I have also started a tutorial on including
graphics and using GIMP for doc purposes.

I need to write one for IMP (web mail) and one of a
linuxconf module that allows users to change their
passwords.  I need this for my school.

I have written a little webpage and started a directory
structure for at least my cvs (although I am not
convinced it is the best it is the best I have thought
of).

Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>:

> Bill Tihen,
>
>    Have you had any critiques of the draft proposal
for writing SEUL/edu
> documentation
<http://www.seul.org/edu/doc/writing_guide.html>?  How
is the
> effort coming?  Are we close to the point where we can
start using these
> guidelines to generate usable educational
documentation?

> --
> Doug Loss            There's no trick to being a
humorist
> dloss@suscom.net     when you have the whole
government
> (570) 326-3987       working for you.
>                         Will Rogers

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>