Re: [seul-edu] AUC Status

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Kevin Brown wrote:

> I would try it out on my home network but there is only one problem: I have
> postgreSQL instead of MySQL. It took me a whole day of my small one week march
> break to set it up so I  don't really want to replace it with MySQL.

Ah!  Funny you should say so.  If you felt daring, you could patch AUC to
work with both postgreSQL AND MySQL.  It shouldn't be terribly difficult,
as SQL command syntax is the same.  It's just the C api that needs to
support both.  I dunno if you want to make that kind of time investment
though.  It's not a huge project, but it's not trivial either.  If you are
interested, let me know and I can get you started.

This offer goes for anyone else as well, who would be interested in
mucking around in C, and wants their name on an open source project.

At the high school level, I remember doing things like this and calling
them "independent projects" for various CS classes, and then getting an A
for my efforts.  *grin*  Of course, that all depends on how easy it is to
convince your teacher that it's worthwhile.

Regards,

David

  David Moore       California Institute of Technology
 <dcm@acm.org>             http://www.mbhs.edu/~dmoore