RE: [seul-edu] File Space on a Samba Server -- solved!

Great!

Mark Orenstein

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-seul-edu@seul.org [mailto:owner-seul-edu@seul.org]On Behalf
Of Mike Wohlgemuth
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2000 10:17 PM
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Subject: RE: [seul-edu] File Space on a Samba Server -- solved!

Well, an ex-student who we hired to help me part time, showed me
"immediately" what to do ....

open up the user's folder, select all, select properties and it gives you
the users directory size ....

gosh ... kids are great!!!!!

Mike

At 16:03 3/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I am using the version of Samba that came with Redhat 6.0.  When I right
>clicked/properties on a mapped drive, I think what is being returned is all
>the used space in the whole hard drive partition and all the free space in
>the whole partition.
>
>About the only suggestion I can offer is to have each user create a
>directory and allocate all files and directories under this "root
>equivalent" directory.  When right clicking/properties on this directory, I
>think the space utilization will be correct.
>
>Mark Orenstein

mikE wohlgemutH

A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the conditions
that make it fail.
                -- Jerry Ogdin

http://m67.sail.leon.k12.fl.us/~shred
matH departmenT heaD