Re: [seul-edu] Re: Open Source Financial Management and HR Software for School Districts

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 06:53:15PM -0500, Douglas Loss wrote:

> > RDA Systems recently (01/2001) licensed its MicroBUDGET-GUI
> > and Xpert
> > software under the open source model.  Our web address is
> > www.rdasys.com.

Hello Dave and welcome :-)

I checked out your website and failed to find where you specify what type of
open source licence you use (the small print) :-)  Is it GPL-ish or BSD-ish?

Although I found a download area, I was unable to figure out which of the
hundreds of folders, I should go to , to find the source.

and I found no indication of what language or platform you use for your
products....

This are my starting questions for you :-)

Bruno

> having some sort of data interchange format that is widely used
> between open source software could be useful.  One of our
> subscribers, Bruno Vernier (a teacher from British Columbia),
> has been following the IMS and SIF efforts at developing such
> formats, and has done a good bit of work on wuch a format of his
> own (EduML).  Bruno, could you give you thoughts here too?

From what I saw, it looks like you are speciliazing in the accounting
aspects of school (e.g. tracking student transactions)

... yet another important aspect that we ought to consider for a complete
open source school package

Bruno