Re: [seul-edu] Linux-based palmtop

----- Original Message -----
From: "kirsty" <kirsty@iii.rmit.edu.au>

> Hi
> You might like to also take a look at this-
> "Morphy One" is an open source hardware development project in Japan, by
OHPA
> (Open Hardware Palmtop computing Association) Palmtop PC user group.
> "Morphy One" is claimed to be the first IBM PC/AT compatible-
architecture-based
> palmtop PC produced only by users.

Talk about coincidences... they have something like that also starting in
Arizona (though its just in the design stage right now, IIRC.) I found it
here in today's copy of Linux Today:
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-03-20-002-20-NW-EM

> Though Morphy Planning & Co., Ltd. is
> planning to sell hardware only in Japan, they claim, of course, that
anyone can
> produce Morphy One based products locally, freely and for free, under GPL.

It looks a lot like a beefed-up Philips Velo in general design and layout...
(won't allow me to see the specs, though... an http "forbidden" error
cropped up for some reason when I tried.)

Pretty good for a full-blown PC that fits in your hand, though :)

--
"Why, Mr. Speaker, should we do anything for posterity? What has posterity
done for us?"