Re: [seul-edu] Re: Easy to use educational software

> [snip]
>
> One thing you might consider, since most of the Linux world uses RPM in
> some form (fewer use tarballs relatively speaking), is to check out the
> book "Maximum RPM" by Edward C. Bailey, SAMS publishing, ISBN
> 0-672-31105-4.  This is THE book for those who want to understand RPM, why
> it exists, and how it works.  The first 100 pages will allow the reader to
> become a RPM expert at the user level, the remainder of the book is for
> developers.  It runs around $35.00.

One think to also consider, though, is that Maximum RPM is not up to date
anymore.  Its close, but there are certain areas (like macros) in which
it does not match reality.  I do not even know of the ultimate source of
up to date documentation for RPM other than the source code.  It sure
would be nice if the RPM developers updated this document.

...james