[seul-edu] ISO evals

I'm back, folks. I've been under the weather with the flu for the past week, but I think we're progressing nicely on the ISO project. I've just added the results of David Bucknell's Intranet category evals to the list of apps that have passed Phase 1 and that have passed Phase 2. I'd like to thank Darryl Palmer for his efforts in packaging the Phase 2 apps. We are much further along thanks to his work.

We need some more folks to do some Phase 1 evals, though. There are a number of categories that no one has looked at yet. These include Administrative, Courseware, Edugames, Geography, Graphics, Library, Multimedia, Other, Presentation, Programming, Quiz, Reading, Religious, Social Studies, Typing, and Utility. Some of the apps in those categories have already passed Phase 1 or Phase 2 because they are also in other categories or in use in schools, but others need to be evaluated. Also, the Language and Math categories were never finished, and some apps in Astronomy weren't evaluated because they are java-based. Please take a look at any category you feen capable of evaluating and let us know what to include. The evaluation procedures are at <http://www.seul.org/edu/iso.html>.

We especially need people to do Phase 2 evals. Take a look at the apps on <http://www.seul.org/edu/Phase1.txt>; these have passed Phase 1 and now need to be installed and worked with for a bit to see if they meet Phase 2. I really need people to pick these up and give them a test drive. You don't have to do all of them; just install one or a few and try them out. Let's keep moving ahead!

Darryl, I've removed kara from the Phase 2 list, but I seem to remember there were more apps to take off. Could you remind me what they are?

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain