[seul-edu] opensource electronic notebook

Hi:

I had a look at the opensource electronic notebook.

I don't think this qualifies as a "simple enduser linux application"

It depends on having a zope server installed and running and also depends on
another zop component cmf

I have installed zope on my machine from an rpm made by distribution, but have
not yet figured out how to get zope running.  I followed the instructions
that came with the zope server, but could not get it working.

Assuming I'm a "simple end user linux" type - I can't install it easily - but
maybe I'm too simple. :)

If a school had a zope server running this application may be easy to install.

Anyone with zope server running willing to try it?

Gord

From the readme.txt file

Requirements

  To install the OS-ELN, you must have the following software
  installed:

  - Zope 2.4.0 or higher.
    You can get this from http://www.zope.org/Products

  - CMF 1.1.
    You can get this from http://cmf.zope.org/download/CMF-1.1/
    (you want the "Release tarball")

Installation

  First, make sure you have installed Zope, and installed the
  CMF.

  Then, just extract the .tar.gz which contains this file in the
  Products directory of your Zope instance.

Setup Instructions

  1. start Zope

  2. view the Zope management interface.

  3. Select 'OS-ELN Site' from the drop-down 'Add' box.

  4. Complete the form presented and click the 'Add' button.

--
Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
holtslander@sask.usask.ca       112 Science Place