RE: [seul-edu] ISO progress

One of the things that I am currently working on is setting up a machine
with the various distros to make and test the packages.  I currently
have RedHat, Debian, and Slackware and I am currently looking at how to
exactly install ALT Linux from the ftp site.  Is it necessary for us to
have a tested package for all the versions, or can we just have it for
Debian?

There are some issues/problems with Debian currently with QT and some
other packages in unstable that are required for building from source.
There are also differences between the version of certain packages in
RedHat and Debian that made compiling of some packages necessary from
source, or that require there to be a hybrid sarge/sid/woody system
installed in Debian.

If we are making this for Debian, do we have on our ISO all the deb's
necessary to move the system from Woody to a state where the
applications can be installed?  This also implies that we include the
unstable and untested support packages that are necessary.  For RedHat
8, should we likewise have all the RPM's that are necessary for going
from a standard install?  RedHat 8 contains newer packages then Debian,
and most of the problems I had with it are that the packages are "too"
new.

Darryl