Re: Math Program Re: Hello again, and some thoughts

> I am starting to work on some graphing code for Linux.  It will start
> out dumping an ASCII grid that will resemble a graph.  But it's written
> in OOP so adding a class for a real graph should be easy.
>
> As for other help, if anyone knows C++ fairly well, including the
> Standard Template Library, and has some knowledge of calculus, and has
> some free time and really wants to hack on something like this, drop me
> a note and I can probably dig up something to blackbox out to you.
>
> Also someone that knows GTK would be good - you could write the front
> end to it, something I don't immensely want to do.  Preferrably GTK-- so
> it could be all C++.

There is a very interesting project, Genius Calculator, this is right
now a multiprecision line oriented calculator with Gnome GUI also. The
good points are that it comes with a easy to use/math oriented script
language (GEL) :
for exemple the expression like (1<x<8) is a valid boolean expression.
Also the author want to implement plug in for it.
It may be more easy to jump with your work in this project as the Genius
Calculaor has not yet derivation algo or graphing facilities.
Also you will don't need to worry with GTK code.

I will use it to add math scripting facility to Dr Geo

The author homapage URL is at :
http://www.5z.com/jirka/

--
Hilaire Fernandes